Rules and Regulations of the ALTO Hotel in Żory
1. A hotel stay starts at 4.00 p.m. on the day the hotel guest checks in (“Guest”) and finishes at 12.00 p.m. on the following day.
2. The way the Guest checks in depends on the way the Guest has booked a room. In case of certain booking methods, it may be necessary for the Guest to check in on their own. If individual check-in is required, the Guest may be requested by the hotel staff to present an ID card.
3. A hotel stay may be extended on the Guest’s request made at InfoDesk by 9.00 a.m. on the departure day only if the requested room is available.
4. The Guest who will not vacate the room by 12.00 p.m. on the day of planned departure will be deemed to extend their stay for one additional night. The hotel IT system will then charge the Guest for one additional night.
5. The liability of the hotel operator for the loss of, or damage to, the objects the Guest brings into a room is subject to Articles 846-849 of the Polish Civil Code. The liability of the hotel operator for the loss of, or damage to, valuable objects, in particular money, securities and objects of scientific or artistic value, may be significantly limited if the objects are not placed in a hotel deposit. The deposit is located at InfoDesk.
6. The Guest is liable under civil law for any destruction and damage caused in the hotel and to the hotel fittings. This means, in particular, that if bed linen, duvets, carpets, floor covering or floor panels are damaged or destroyed (also excessively soiled) by the Guest or the persons to whom the Guest made their room available, the Guest may be charged with the costs of cleaning, repair or purchasing new fittings or for any other way used to restore hotel property to its prior condition.
7. Guests are asked to respect the ‘quiet time’ from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
8. Visitors who are not checked in are allowed to stay at the hotel until 10.00 p.m. Visitors staying at the hotel after 10.00 p.m. may be deemed to be using hotel services.
9. Due to fire safety reasons, it is forbidden to use electronic devices that are not room equipment in the room. Exceptions include razors, hair dryers, mobile phone chargers, notebooks and other similar devices.
10. When leaving the room the Guest should make sure it is properly locked.
11. Minors or incapacitated persons may stay at the hotel only in the company of their statutory representative or a person who looks after them and is responsible for them.
12. The Guest may stay at the hotel with their pets provided that the relevant permission has been provided by the hotel staff. The Guest is responsible for their pet and any damage it may cause. The hotel charges its Guests for bringing in their pets. The hotel staff may refuse to allow a pet in the room or withdraw the permission already provided if the circumstances justify so, in particular, if presence of the pet may cause complaints by other Guests.
13. In case of violation of any of the above provisions of the Rules and Regulations, the hotel operator reserves the right to take steps appropriate to the violation, in particular it may refuse to provide services to the person who violates the Rules and Regulations and may request them to leave the hotel immediately. If the hotel operator refuses to provide services, a person who has violated the Rules and Regulations is obliged to immediately pay any amounts due for provided services and cover the cost of any damaged or destroyed objects in the hotel.
14. It is forbidden to smoke within hotel premises. In case of violation of this ban, the violating person may be charged with the costs of eliminating damage caused by such violation.
15. The Rules and Regulation enter into force on 1st February 2015 and may be subject to change at any time.